Monday, November 12, 2012

Coconut Balls: Elimination Diet Dessert

These are super easy and super yummy.  All you do is...
> take crushed macadamia nuts (I had whole so I put them in a freezer bag and crushed them myself with a hammer)
> put in an equal amount of unsweetened coconut flakes
> add agave syrup (or honey if you can have it) and a bit of coconut oil (or you can use almond butter or the like if you have it on hand).
If you start with about one cup each macadamia and coconut, I'd add about 1/3 cup agave and a tablespoon of coconut oil/butter, but taste it and see what you think.

Mix it up well with your hands, try squeezing a bit of the mix into a ball. If it sticks together your mix is good, if not add more agave and oil/butter. If your mix is dripping wet and more dry ingredients. Make all the batter into small balls, eat right away of store in the fridge and enjoy later. They totally satisfy my cravings for white chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment