Friday, November 16, 2012

Lamb and Potatoes: Elimination Diet Meal

While I'm not allowed to have pork or beef, for some reason lamb is categorized with poultry and fish instead of red meat. So if your rules are the same and you're craving red meat this is as close as you're gonna get!

Roasted potatoes are quite easy.  Preheat the oven to 350C. Toss baby potatoes in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. If you're not sure how much salt and pepper to add err on the side of less because you can always add more on your plate. You can also use dried herbs of any variety here, but because the lamb will have a lot of herbs on it I opted for less.
I also had a yellow onion on hand so I chopped it up, tossed it in the olive oil mix left at the bottom of the bowl and threw it on the cookie sheet with the potatoes. They caramelize beautifully and taste even to onion haters. Bake for an hour. If you want to cut down the cook time turn the oven up to 400C and bake for 45 min. When they're done you'll be able to poke a fork into one with no internal resistance - or try one.


I used lamb loin chops. Again, flavoring options are endless.  The herbs de provence blend is a good choice here, which is basil, thyme and rosemary with a bit of savory, tarragon, lavender, and fennel. I didn't have lavender or tarragon on hand so I omitted them, and I added salt and pepper. Simply brush/rub lamb with olive oil, then sprinkle on herb mix (or each individually) and pat into the meat. Do this to both sides.


Heat an oiled pan over med-high heat. Add seasoned lamb. Cook for 4-5 min on one side then flip, cook for another 4-5 min and they should be done to medium rare. Cook more or less for your preference.





Plate and serve! I added some of my all purpose dressing and a lime slice for squeezing over the meat. Yummers.

No comments:

Post a Comment